Permatex Painter's Clean Hand Cleaner with Pumice



Like most of us, I get into different stuff that requires a bit more than soap and water to get off my hands and forearms. For as long as I can remember I’ve used the gojo, orange cleaner with pumice, mineral spirits, sometimes acetone, even gasoline to get the various stains, finishes and glues off.

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the local Sherwin Williams paint store and saw this product for $5.49. I asked the manager if it was good stuff. He laughed and said that he couldn’t keep it on the shelf and that the Sherwin Williams employees use it as well. So I got one of the remaining two.

Thus far, it has easily removed oil-based spray primer, oil-based spray and brushed enamel, MinWax stain, BLO, and spray and brushed urethane clear.

I like it best because you rub the non-flammable and non-toxic cleaner only into your hands, then either rinse with water and wipe dry or just wipe dry if not too much of a mess. I eventually throw the towel away with no worries about spontaneous combustion, etc.

I do recommend this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment