Magswitch Feather Board review

I had been eying off the Magswitch featherboard in magazines for some time and thought what a great invention it was. I don’t really understand how you can turn a magnet on and off, other than an electro magnet, simply by turning a knob but you can with the Magswitch.



I purchased the 30mm Magswitch Pro2 this week. It consists of two powerful earth magnets associated with a featherboard in a type of durable plastic molding. An optional vertical attachment can be fitted. I purchased both items.



-It can be located anywhere on your table saw, router station, jointer, bandsaw table etc. provided they are magnetically compatible eg steel. If you have aluminum or allow table beds you are out of luck with this tool. My router table has a MDF bed but with a little modification I can add a piece of steel to accommodate the Magswitch.

-The Magswitch is surprisingly powerful, the manufacturer states the 30mm Mag-Jig (a different device) has a gripping force of 155lb. It don’t know the gripping force of the two magnets on the Magswitch but it is surprisingly strong.

-A big advantage is that it can be set up very easily and quickly.

A for sure five start rating!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for such a nice post. This is a very informative blog, I appreciate your Work.......Thanks

    outdoor trash cans

    ReplyDelete