Forrest WW10407125 Woodworker II 10-Inch 40 Tooth .125 Kerf Saw Blade Review



Blades have never been a high priority for me. I have been using cheap blades from home depot up to now because I didn’t think a hundred dollar blade would make a huge difference in the quality of my work. Well, I found out that I could use my Amex reward points to shop at Amazon, so I bought this blade since it was on my wishlist and I figured it was essentially “free” to me at that point.

I just got it today, used it for about 10 minutes and am already ready to say that it was totally worth it, and if I actually had to shell out the hundred bucks for it, I would. I did some crosscut and rip cuts in some scrap red oak and the finish is almost unbelievably smooth. Some other guys have said that they can skip the jointer and go straight to glue up and I believe them. I also believe what I’ve read about going straight to 220 paper.

The blade is a beast, it’s a lot heavier than my other blades and I can tell by looking at the teeth that the carbide is a lot thicker. I did not get the blade stiffener that sits on the arbor next to the blade, but I have trouble seeing why you would need it with the way this blade is built. The blade cuts VERY smoothly as well. I will add a disclaimer that my current blades are probably pretty dull, so take that however you want to, but switching from one to the other is like night and day.



Overall, I don’t think I could ask for more and am very satisfied with this addition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment