Grizzly G0555 14" Bandsaw



Grizzly calls this the “Ultimate” bandsaw. That’s a bold statement to live up to. I own many Grizzly tools and I’m very happy with all of them. This is a really good bandsaw but I can’t call it the Ultimate. There are a few changes that would push into the Ultimate category. First, I’m not that happy with the fence. It looks nice, but it does have a bit of play in it. When I clamp it down the far end will move sometimes. I have to keep a close eye on it when I’m setting it. Dust collection for the lower wheel compartment is good, but most of the dust collects just under the top and has to be cleaned manually. Maybe this is a flaw with most bandsaws, but it is annoying. The guide bearings seem a little cheap. There is a little too much play in bearing adjustments. I still gave this bandsaw 4-stars, because of the price and the “flaws” are things I can deal with.

Some of the features of the bandsaw are are:
– 1 HP motor
– 2 speeds
– Cutting capacity/throat: 13-1/2”
– Wheels: Fully balanced cast aluminum with rubber tires
– Maximum cutting height: 6”

I also added the 6” Riser Block to mine, so I can resaw up to 12”. I mention the “Fully Balanced Wheels”, because they really were balanced. When I got the bandsaw I did a complete tune-up on it. Balancing the wheels was one thing I didn’t have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment