Leigh Super FMT Mortise and Tenon Jig

I was recently at my local Woodcraft and they only had a display model so I was reluctant to buy but I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought it anyways. So after making sure they had all the parts that came with it which they did I went ahead and bought it. I got it home and had to do some adjusting to get it to fit my router (Ridgid plunge) which was easy enough. The only thing about that was for my perticular router it takes a little more work to remove the base when using it outside of the FMT even though the base will fit most routers with easy on and off adjustment tabs but not mine.

Easy fix would be to buy a new router or just take the time 5 min. tops to take FMT base off and reaply my router base. I just always look for new excuses to buy tools. I’m beginning to think that’s my favorite part of woodworking. =)

The only other issue I have with it is that you can only go but about 1 and a half inches deep with your mortise but no real big deal breaker there. All in all it does everything it claims to and with a little setup and adjustment. I think ALMOST anyone can be making mortise and tenon joints in no time. I have a dedicated mortiser and a tenoning jig but would prefer the FMT.

So if you dont have a mortiser and are in the market for a good jig this may be the one for you.

Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment