DELTA 37-275X X5 Professional 6-Inch 1-Horsepower Jointer, 120/240-Volt 1-Phase

After my little Craftsman 4” jointer died, circ 1951, I decided to up grade. I looked at a lot of brands and me being a big Delta fan I decided to go with there DeltaX5 6” professional jointer. This machine comes in two boxes one contains the motor/stand, and other goodies. The other box has the jointer and fence system. Once again I have to deal with a heavy Delta box. The machine took about an hour to put together.. One thing that is nice is Delta already mounts the motor, and the bolts are loose so the woodworker can make any adjustments to motor.

One thing I might add is how quite this machine is. You could work all night with out waking anyone up.

This jointer is like the Porsche of jointers. Its got it’S class and a little blinnn…and the motor size is just right…



The switch is on a very well constructed support and is easy to turn on and off.
With the 46” long bed, long boards have no problems with support.

That is the end of the review. This jointer was 99% trouble free.
I had a problem putting the cutter head guard on but was able to get it on and working.

No comments:

Post a Comment