Olson Bandsaw Blades review

I was beginning to think I would never have much luck resawing on the bandsaw. I had been using Delta blades that were pretty well worn. I wanted a blade that would slice 3/16” veneers that I could plane down to a consistent 1/8” thick for laminating leg stock.



This blade pack fits the bill. Resaw with ease. This is a 3 tpi X 1/2”wide hook blade with a raker set. As such it is very aggressive and cuts quickly. Yet the freshly cut surface only varies by 1/32” or less, and yields uniform thickness stock. The gauge of this blade is .025 and feels notably thicker than my Delta blades. This 93-1/2 ” blade fits Jet, Delta, Craftsman, Grizzly Bandsaws.

It will surely dull quicker than a carbide tipped blade, but this will get me started with resawing.

This is a nice blade at a good price point. FIVE star review!


No comments:

Post a Comment